Friday, June 26, 2009

This is gonna sound crazy...

And for a first post, it's probably never good to be crazy.

But that's a part of who I am, so I think I'll just ask you to bear with me. :)

As I was creating this blog, I was thinking to myself, "okay, you are being called by God to write a blog. What for? What could you ever possibly share with the world of any note that other philosophers, students, and teachers haven't already thought up or theorized on"? Then I thought of the ONE THING that I definitely do have going for me: I notice little things. Little things like the fact that St. Therese of Lisieux has smiled upon me more times than I could ever mention in the course of my lifetime. Little things that happen to me throughout the course of my day to remind me of God's love for humanity. Little things that prove God's existence, that we often overlook because they are just that: little things. And you have to pay attention to ever notice them.

So, I want people to recognize. I want people to notice. And here I am.

One reason why I know that God is calling me to write this blog is because He gave me a little sign when I signed up for it. As I wrote earlier, I was thinking, "this is crazy, this is such an on-a-whim thing, I'll never keep it up, even though I have desired to do this for a while, I don't know if I'm founded enough in my faith to do something like this..." Then, as the prompter thinger asked me for a blog title, I thought, hmmm, I want something to do with Saint Therese, why don't I write about the "little way"? And the title came to be.

You'll notice that the website of this blog is "theresalittleway." Because the availability of every other site name was already taken, this was the only satisfactory web address I could think of. But I hadn't noticed the double meaning until after I re-read it: "there's a little way," and "Theresa Little Way."

Additionally, I discovered that there is a "rose" background for blogs. Oh, the coincidences keep mounting!!! St. Therese is pulling hard for us, folks! :)

This is God in action right here, right now. This is what I'm writing this blog for. :)

Caritas Christi,
Christina :)

No comments:

Post a Comment